It is so easy to get in the rut of dates revolving around meals… here are some of our favorite things to do and places to go on “dates.”
1. The San Diego Zoo. Zoo memberships are so worth it if you live in a city with an amazing zoo. It is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and sneak in exercise without even realizing it. We always leave the zoo tired, you spend hours walking and standing! Also a membership is great because you don’t feel like you need to spend all day there to get your moneys worth. We can spend a solid hour at one exhibit just watching little monkeys play or gawking over the California Condors (and trust me, we have).
2. Target and Costco. Who doesn’t love strolling the aisles of good ol’ Target?
3. Day trips, hiking excursions, and camping. So nice to get out of the concrete jungle and just be somewhere in nature that you have never been.
4. Cliche but Boomers or arcades. Mini Golf… strangely competitive. Make it interesting by upping the stakes and making a wager, like winner gets to choose the next movie we watch. Also batting cages are GREAT if one of you had a bad day at work.
5. The gym. I know this doesn’t seem romantic but it is fun doing circuits with each other and spotting each other. Also our gym has a co-ed steam room, sauna, and spa so that is fun to do together too!
*Use your memberships as “date” alternatives. We are members of Costco, 24 Hour Fitness, and the Zoo; so we try and get our moneys worth and actually go to these places as much as possible (except maybe Costco… no need to go there more than once a month really).
**Any quality time you spend with your significant other could be considered a date :).