Okay… YUM! That is all I have to say about this Rad Dish. But let me say more. Some descriptors of this meal: filling, comforting, hearty, flavorful, rich, mouth watering, goodness.
And best of all, Super easy to make! This dish took about 40 minutes to prepare.
- 6 oz of Tempeh
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 4-8 small red potatoes
- Unsweetened Almond milk (optional)
- Brussel Sprouts (as much as you desire)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze or Reduction
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Stick the potatoes in your oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
2. Cube the tempeh. In a pan, sear the tempeh in a small amount of teriyaki glaze. I think teriyaki is the tastiest way to flavor tempeh. It won’t take long to cook. 10 minutes tops on Med-High heat!
3. Put the tempeh in your bowl. Halve your brussel sprouts. Using the same pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 cup of the balsamic reduction (right now I have a fig balsamic glaze, it is to die for). Let those sprouts get and soft with a little bit of a balsamic crust…Ah perfection. It should take about 15-20 minutes on Med-High heat.
4. When your potatoes are done add them to your bowl of tempeh. Mash them together! You can add a splash of unsweetened almond milk if you want a creamier texture.
5. Top off your bowl of potato tempeh goodness with the brussel sprouts. Sprinkle Salt and Pepper. and Voila! Enjoy your dinner :).